EyeSmart contains comprehensive, ophthalmologist-reviewed information to help people understand how to keep their eyes healthy and when to see an ophthalmologist. The Academy maintains EyeSmart as a service to its member ophthalmologists and their practices
We know that many patients ask Google for advice before they talk to their ophthalmologist.But did you know that more than a million members of the public get eye health information directly from the Academy each month?
The EyeSmart® public information program from the American Academy of Ophthalmology provides medically reviewed eye health information to keep patients safe and make sure ophthalmology’s voice is heard worldwide.
Three ways you can take advantage of EyeSmart resources:
- Recommend EyeSmart to your patients
- Link to EyeSmart from your practice website
- Share EyeSmart articles on social media
Fireworks Eye Safety Resource Links
Cataracts Awareness Resource Links
Linking to EyeSmart Is Easy
- EyeSmart provides free web buttons and all the code you need to add links from your website.
- Link to Eye Health A-Z or any of EyeSmart’s high-quality, topic-specific pages.
- Help enhance the reputation of your website, newsletter or social media channel as a provider of quality information about eye health.
Get Social with EyeSmart
Follow EyeSmart on Facebook and Twitter for patient-friendly news and updates every day. Embed eye-catching EyeSmart videos from our YouTube channel.
New to social media? EyeNet shows you ways to use this marketing tool in your practice.
More Patient Education Resources
Remember that the Academy has a complete line of trusted, peer-reviewed patient education materials to enhance your patients' understanding and compliance and meet meaningful-use requirements.
The mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology is to protect sight and empower lives by serving as an advocate for patients and the public, leading ophthalmic education, and advancing the profession of ophthalmology.