Contact lenses are thin, clear disks of plastic that float on the surface of the eye. They correct vision like eyeglasses do and are safe when used with care. Contact lenses are used to correct the same conditions that eyeglasses do. Millions of people around the world wear contact lenses. Depending on your lifestyle, your motivation and the health of your eyes, contact lenses may provide a safe and effective alternative to eyeglasses when used with proper care and maintenance.
Some of the available types of contact lenses
- Daily disposable contact lenses
- Soft contact lenses: ranging from 2 week to monthly extended wear
- Toric contact lenses: for prescriptions with astigmatism
- Multifocal contact lenses: for patients who need reading glasses
- Color contact lenses
- RGP (rigid gas permeable contact lenses): commonly known as ‘hard contacts’
- Scleral contact lenses: a larger diameter hard contact lens
- Hybrid lenses: vision quality of an RGP lens with the comfort of a soft lens
At Advanced Eyecare, our eye doctors can discuss with you what your options are and what contact lenses best fits your needs and lifestyle.